Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Hearty Breakfast


So we received upwards of 16 inches of snow here yesterday. I've never seen anything quite like this. As you can see above, I had a great time yesterday. However,the fun was all over this morning. Below is what our cars looked like morning when I went out to begin clearing the snow off of and from around the cars so that we can actually get out sometime this week should we find the need. My car is on the right and was driven briefly on Saturday morning before most of the snow came. Julia's on the left has not been driven since Friday. The one nice part about working outside today is that we talked with almost all of our neighbors for the first time.


We recently received 5 lbs of DeRamus Family Hickory Smoked Country Cured Pork Sausage from Julia's uncle James. We've used it a couple of times so far, which I will try to blog about at some point, but not for breakfast yet. The preparation couldn't be easier. Simply poke some holes in the sausage with a fork and then cover it in a frying pan with an inch or so of water and let it cook on medium heat for a while. When it's done, slice it up as you wish and brown it a little bit. That's it.
I went with scrambled eggs and toast with mine while Julia enjoyed a poached egg, toast, and grapefruit.


I don't know how much I will be able to blog this week before Christmas so I may have to leave this up and taunt Justin for a little while longer with breakfast foods.
blog comments powered by Disqus